1. Paint your nails a base color.
2. Using a small nail art striping brush, make five thin lines in the places where you want the starfish arms to be.
3. Connect the outer points of the arms with wide, draping lines.
4. Fill in the body of the starfish.
5. Add small dots in a contrasting color to represent the starfishes’ bumpy skin. I used the same small striper brush for this part, to make the dots extra small.
6. Topcoat once the design is completely dry!
Fishtail Manicure Video Tutorial
OPI If You Moust, You Moust
Essie Bikini So Teeny
butter LONDON Slapper
You guys asked, so here it is: Chalkboard Nails video tutorial content!
There is obviously room for improvement, and I will get there with time! I am still trying to figure out solutions to the different challenges that video presents to a newbie like me. I will get there though and I appreciate your patience. :)
Valentine’s Owl Nail Art Tutorial
Before steps 4 and 7, paint the beak and eyes in with white first. Then, color in the white shapes with yellow. Putting the white first will make sure the yellow shows up well.
Create the small hearts in step 8 by using the small end of a dotting tool to make two strokes inward towards each other. The strokes should connect at the bottom to form the “point” of the heart.
Q:How do you do your splatter nails? I tried to find something similar on youtube but i cant.
Splatter nails are pretty easy! Here’s my process.
- Cover your workspace with LOTS of wax paper to protect it from the flying paint!
- Paint your nails a base color.
- Tape up the area of your finger surrounding your nails to make clean up easier.
- Take a regular drinking straw and dunk it into your opened bottle of polish. You don’t have to dunk it all the way in, just enough to get some polish inside it. (Note: some people don’t like to dunk it right into the bottle because they think it’s wasteful. I don’t mind because I almost never finish a full bottle of polish anyway! I think that it produces better results to get a lot of polish in the straw.)
- Hold the straw 3-4 inches from your nails. Do a FAST and HARD shot of air through the straw. The intensity with which you propel the polish will determine the quality of your splatters.
- Repeat the process with more colors as desired until your design is finished.
- Clean up any mess on your fingers with a Qtip dipped in acetone. Let dry for a bit before topcoating to make sure the topcoat doesn’t smear your design.