Q:How do you do your splatter nails? I tried to find something similar on youtube but i cant.
Splatter nails are pretty easy! Here’s my process.
- Cover your workspace with LOTS of wax paper to protect it from the flying paint!
- Paint your nails a base color.
- Tape up the area of your finger surrounding your nails to make clean up easier.
- Take a regular drinking straw and dunk it into your opened bottle of polish. You don’t have to dunk it all the way in, just enough to get some polish inside it. (Note: some people don’t like to dunk it right into the bottle because they think it’s wasteful. I don’t mind because I almost never finish a full bottle of polish anyway! I think that it produces better results to get a lot of polish in the straw.)
- Hold the straw 3-4 inches from your nails. Do a FAST and HARD shot of air through the straw. The intensity with which you propel the polish will determine the quality of your splatters.
- Repeat the process with more colors as desired until your design is finished.
- Clean up any mess on your fingers with a Qtip dipped in acetone. Let dry for a bit before topcoating to make sure the topcoat doesn’t smear your design.
Here’s a tutorial from The Polishaholic to check out if you’d like further information!