Hi there! Have you read my full Blogspot post on the galaxy nails? If not, that might be worth a read, as I sort of explain my process and the steps that I took to achieve that look. It’s not a full tutorial post with pictures of each step, though.
I may do a full step-by-step photo tutorial one day, but for now, go read that post, take a look at the colors I used, and then read these important tips:
- Use a black base
- Use torn bits of a triangle makeup sponge to apply your nebulae
- When sponging on the colors, dab your sponge into the polish; then stamp the sponge on some wax paper a few times to get the extra polish off, THEN sponge onto the nail in a sort of random swirly way
- Don’t cover the whole nail with sponged polish; instead, layer your colors so they overlap in a few places
- Don’t use too many colors (I learned this lesson the first time I tried)
- When adding your glitter “stars,” only add them to the areas of your nail that HAVEN’T been sponged on; putting the glitter on top of the sponging effect dramatically changes it (for the worse, I think — I figured this out AFTER adding the glitter to two full nails)
Good luck and feel free to ask again if you have further specific questions!
Hi there! I’m doing this one. I don’t have a link to a post for it or anything because I got it from some other nail blogger friends on Facebook, so I’ve uploaded that image to my Blogspot.